Apple Seafood Fried Rice
Total time: 25 minutes
19 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
A pinch - Salt, Pan salt, low sodium
⅔ rice bowl - Leftover brown rice, cooked
1 teaspoon - Corn oil
30g - Prawns, shelled and diced
1 whole pieces - 1 whole apple, diced into fine pieces
1 large piece - Whole egg
1 teaspoon - Shallots, diced
950g - Fresh basil
550g - Pearled barley (soaked for 12 hours)
Stove, Rice Cooker, Measuring Cup, Weighing Scale, Chopping board, Knives, Sauté Pan, Bowls, Spatula, Metal Spoon
1. Heat corn oil in a sauté pan. Add the shallots and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes.
2. Add prawns and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes over high-heat until they are cooked.
3. Break the eggs into the pan and stir quickly to scramble the eggs.
4. On a medium heat, add in the cooked rice and soaked barley, stirring it to mix well. Continue cooking for a further 15 minutes.
5. Add in the diced apple, basil, and a pinch of salt, stir-frying for another 5 minutes.
6. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 473g