Total time: 20 minutes
7.6 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
6 slices regular - Multi-grain breads, cut into small cubes
¾ cup - Paneer, low fat, cut into small pieces
1 tsp - Peanuts, unsalted, roasted
1 medium - Red onions, raw, sliced
200g - Tomato, raw, diced
2 tsp - Vegetable oil
1 tb - Mustard seeds
½ tsp - Turmeric powder
1 tsp - Chili powder
1 dash - Table salt
1 medium - Green chili, raw, finely chopped
2 tb - Coriander (cilantro) leaves, raw, chopped
Oven, Baking tray, Pan, Chopping board, Knife, Sieve
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place the bread cubes in an even layer on the baking tray. Toast the bread cubes for 25 to 30 minutes until crisp and lightly browned on the outside.
2. Heat up the cooking oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds.
3. When the mustard seeds start to sizzle, add the sliced onions and cook for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat until the onions become translucent.
4. Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt. Mix well and add the chopped tomatoes.
5. Cook for 5-6 minutes over a medium-low heat until the tomato becomes pulpy and soft. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water if required and cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Add the cubed paneer. Cook for 2 minutes.
7. Top it with the chopped green chili, peanuts, chopped coriander leaves and toasted bread cubes. Serve hot.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 201g