Brown Rice Bibimbap
Total time: 30 minutes
5.3 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
1 cup - Rice, brown, cooked, from instant
⅛ cup - Carrots, julienne
20g - Zucchini, green, fresh, peeled, julienne
¼ cup - Soybeans, sprout
½ cup - Spinach
2 pcs - Mushrooms, shiitake, dried
1g - Seeds, sesame seeds, whole, roasted and toasted
3 tb - Oil, sesame
60g - Beef, tenderloin, thinly sliced
2 tsp - Sauce, soy, reduced salt
1 pc - Large egg, whole, cooked, hard-boiled
20g - Gochujang Hot Sauce
¼ tsp - Salt, table
¼ tsp - Pepper, white
Sauté pan, Chopping board, Knife, Microwave
1. Soak the dried shiitake mushrooms in warm water for 15 mins or until the mushroom is soft. Drain the water. Slice it into 1 cm thick.
2. Heat the oil in a sauté pan, add sliced rehydrated mushroom and season it with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 min. Repeat the same process to carrot, zucchini, spinach and soybean sprouts. Set aside.
3. In another sauté pan, heat the oil and add the beef. Season it with salt and pepper. Add the reduced-salt soy sauce and fry it until the beef turns brown. Set aside.
4. Heat the brown rice in a microwave for 2 mins and transfer it to a large serving bowl.
5. Arrange the vegetables and meat on top of the brown rice then, place the hard-boiled egg in the middle.
6. Sprinkle it with toasted sesame seed and drizzle with 2 tsp of sesame oil. Serve it with gochujang paste on the side.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 456g