Chicken, Collard and Chickpea Soup
Total time: 25 minutes
5.2 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
1 tb - Oil, olive
200g - Chicken, breast, skinless, boneless, meat only, raw
2 cup - Collards, raw, coarsely chopped
1 pc - Small onion, finely chopped
2 tb - Buckwheat flour, whole-groat
¼ tsp - Salt, table
¼ tsp - Spices, garlic powder
¼ tsp - Pepper, black
1 ½ cup - Water
½ cup - Cream, half and half, fat free
1 ½ cup - Chickpeas mature seeds, canned, drained, rinsed in tap water
Cooking pot with lid, Chopping board, Knife
1. Heat oil in a cooking pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until caramelized.
2. Add the chicken and sauté for 6-8 mins. Add the collards and sauté for another 2 mins.
3. Stir in flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper until blended.
4. Gradually pour in the water and half and half. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
5. Cook until the mixture slightly thickened, about 3-5 mins.
6. Add the chickpeas and simmer for 2 mins.
7. Remove from the heat, ladle into the serving bowls and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 251g