Chicken Curry Soup with Quinoa
Total time: 30 minutes
5.36 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
2 tb - Butter, without salt
1 cup - Edamame, frozen, prepared (thawed)
2 tb - Celery, fresh (finely chopped)
3 tbsp - Onions, raw (finely chopped)
½ cup - Flour, wholemeal (wheat), plain
¼ tsp - Salt, table
1 tsp - Curry powder
1 ½ cup - Soy milk, plain, low fat
½ cup - Sour cream, light
2 ½ cup - Water
2 can (5 oz) - Chicken, canned, meat only, drained (cut into cubes)
2 cup - Quinoa, cooked
Dutch oven with lid, Chopping Board, Knife
1. Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package. Set aside.
2. Add a few drops of water to the curry powder and mix until a smooth paste is formed. Melt the butter in a Dutch oven on a low flame. Add the curry powder paste and the onions in to roast slowly until the aromas are released.
3. Toss in the celery and edamame and continue frying for a further two minutes. Add in the canned chicken and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour in the water and bring it to a gentle simmer. Mix in the cooked quinoa.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the soy milk, flour and sour cream together until a smooth paste is formed. Add it gradually to the simmering curry. Stir well and turn off the heat.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 322g