Chicken Pot Pie
Total time: 30 minutes
6.2 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
6 tb - Butter, reduced fat, 40% fat, reduced salt
4 pcs - Garlic, cloves, minced
1 pc - Small onions, diced
½ cup - Mushrooms, brown, Italian, or crimini, cubed
1 pc - Medium carrot, peeled, cubed
4 tb - Wheat flour, white, all-purpose
2 ½ cup - Soy milk, plain, low fat
4 cups - Leftover roast chicken, breast part, cubed
1 cup - Peas, green, frozen, thawed
1 tsp - Stock, powder, reduced salt
½ tsp - Pepper, black
5 thick slice - Bread, wholemeal & seeds, fresh, tear into chunks
1 cup - Cheese, mozzarella, reduced fat, shredded or grated
Non-stick skillet, Chopping board, Knife, Oven, Large bowl
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Melt four tablespoons of butter in a non-stick skillet. Combine melted butter, garlic and bread chunks in a large bowl. Toss and set aside.
3. Melt two tablespoons butter in the same non-stick skillet over medium heat.
4. Add garlic and onions, sauté until soft.
5. Add mushrooms, green peas and carrots. Sauté for 2-3 mins and add flour, continue stirring for 1 min.
6. Gradually stir in the soy milk, season with reduced salt chicken stock powder and black pepper. Simmer for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring regularly until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
7. Arrange the bread chunks and shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until the cheese melt and turns light golden brown.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 352g