Chicken Taco Salad
Total time: 20 minutes
6.8 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
1 tsp - Oil, olive
280g - Ground chicken breast, skinless, boneless, meat only
1 ¾ cup - Beans, kidney, red, mature seeds, canned, drained solids, rinsed in tap water
1 ¾ cup - Tomatoes, red, ripe, diced
½ cup - Peppers, jalapeno, raw, coarsely chopped
1 ½ tb - Dry taco seasoning mix
½ tb - Spices, chili powder
.4g - Cumin seed, dried, ground
4 cup - Lettuce, butterhead, cut into bite size pieces
¼ cup - Onion, thinly sliced
½ cup - Cheese, Mexican, blend, reduced fat, shredded
Non- stick frying pan, Chopping board, Knife
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, add oil and swirl the pan to coat evenly with the oil.
2. Add the ground chicken breast and sauté it until light brown on the outside, about 7-10 minutes.
3. Mix in the red kidney beans, tomatoes, jalapeno, dry taco seasoning mix, chilli powder and cumin. Reduce the heat to medium and sauté for another 2 mins.
4. Arrange the chopped butterhead lettuce on the plate. Spoon the cooked chicken mixture on the top of the lettuce.
5. Garnish with onions and shredded Mexican blend cheese. Serve immediately.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 310g