Chickpea and Corn Chowder with Crab
Total time: 20 minutes
5.9 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
2 tb - Oil, olive
1 pc - Small leek, raw, finely chopped
¾ tsp - Spices, oregano, dried
250g - Chickpeas mature seeds, canned, solids and liquids, low sodium
1 cup - Corn, kernels, fresh, raw
150g - Crab, flesh, purchased steamed or boiled, shredded
⅛ tsp - Salt, table
¼ tsp - Pepper, black
2 tb - Coriander (cilantro) leaves, raw, finely chopped
2 tbsp - Onions, spring or scallions, raw, finely chopped
2 tb - Lime juice, raw
3 ½ cup - Water
Cooking pot with lid, Chopping board, Knife
1. Combine ½ a cup of water and fresh corn kernel in the blender. Process to create a coarse puree. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a cooking pot over medium heat. Add the leek and oregano. Sauté until the leeks begin to wilt, about 3 mins.
3. Add the remaining water and chickpeas. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 mins.
4. Stir in the corn puree and season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for 2-3 mins.
5. Add the crab flesh, stir for 1 min.
6. Add the cilantro, scallion greens and lime juice. Stir and simmer for 2 mins.
7. Remove from the heat, ladle into the serving bowls and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 401g