Chinese New Year Rice Cake
Total time: 30 minutes
5.0 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
6 pcs - Frozen half shelled mussels defrosted
6 pcs - Medium sized prawns, shelled and deveined
150g - Rice cake, dried, soaked overnight in water
½ stalk - Leek, sliced diagonally
½ pc - Carrot, peeled, sliced
100g - Bok choy, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 pcs - Garlic cloves, crushed
7 pcs - Mushrooms, shiitake, dried
80g - Mushrooms, enoki
1 tb - Light Soy Sauce
½ tsp - Dark Soy Sauce
½ tb - Sauce, oyster
1 tsp - Honey
1 tsp - Oil, sesame
100 mL - Water
4 tb - Oil, canola
Small bowl, Frying pan, Knife, Chopping board
1. Soak the dried shiitake mushrooms in hot water until fully rehydrated. Discard the excess water. Set aside.
2. Take the soaked rice cakes and drain off any excess water.
3. Heat up a frying pan and add in the cooking oil.
4. Add in the crushed garlic and sauté until fragrant. Mix in the leeks, carrots, Bok choy and mushrooms and toss until cooked.
5. Throw in the mussels and prawns and toss until cooked.
6. Stir in the rice cakes and allow to cook for a minute.
7. Add in the remainder of the sauce ingredients and allow to simmer for a further 2 minutes until cooked.
8. Allow the dish to simmer until the sauce turns into a starchy and thicker consistency.
9. Plate and serve while hot.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 244g