Chocolate Banana Porridge
Total time: 20 minutes
13.2 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
1 ¼ cup - Millet, dry, rinsed and pre-soaked for at least 1 hr
2 tbsp - Seeds, flaxseed, ground
2 cups - Water
2 pcs (6" to 6-7/8" long) - Small, bananas, ripe
1 tsp - Spice, cinnamon
1 cup - Soy milk, plain, low fat
1 dash - Salt, table
45g - Chocolate, dark, 70-85% cacao solids
3 tb - Sugars, maple
1. Drain the pre-soaked millet and transfer it into a saucepan. Add the flaxseed and two cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the millet is tender. Stir occasionally to avoid burning the millet.
3. Combine the ripe banana, soy milk and cinnamon in the blender and blend until smooth.
4. Add the dark chocolate and banana-soy mixture into the millet and mix until the chocolate has completely melted. Remove from the heat.
5. Ladle into individual serving bowls and serve warm.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 353g