Corn and Zucchini Soup
Total time: 30 minutes
5.2 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
1 tb - Butter, unsalted
2 tb - Oil, olive
2 - Garlic, cloves, minced
1 - Large, onion, minced
4 - Small, tomatoes, red, ripe, canned, packed in tomato juice, no salt added, finely chopped
2 cup - Corn, sweet, yellow, canned, drained solids, rinsed
4 - Small zucchini, green, unpeeled, cut into 1" slice
¼ cup - Basil, fresh, leaves, finely chopped
¼ cup - Cheese, parmesan, fresh, shredded
4 cup - Water
½ tsp - Salt, table
1 dash - Spices, pepper, black
1 cup - Cream, sour, light
1 cup - Croutons (store bought)
Heavy large saucepan, Food processor/blender, Chopping board, Knife
1. Melt the butter in the oil in a heavy large saucepan over low heat.
2. Add the garlic and fry until just golden brown. Toss in the onion and fry until tender.
3. Stir in tomatoes, corn, zucchini, basil, parmesan, salt and pepper. Sauté until zucchini is crisp and tender.
4. Pour in the water and sour cream. Mix well. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree it in batches.
5. Return the mixture in the saucepan and reheat for 1-2 mins.
6. Garnish with chopped basil and add croutons. Serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 637g