Cranberry and Pecan Cornbread
Total time: 25 minutes
6.8 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
½ cup - Wheat flour, white, all-purpose
½ cup - Organic Coconut Flour
1 cup - Cornmeal, whole-grain, yellow
⅔ cup - Palm Sugar
1 tsp - Salt, table
3 ½ tsp - Baking powder
½ cup - Oil, olive
1 pc - Large, egg, whole
1 ¼ cup - Soy milk, plain, low fat
50g - Nuts, pecans, dry roasted, without salt added, coarsely chopped
¼ cup - Cranberries, dried, coarsely chopped
Large mixing bowl, Chopping board, Knife, Strainer, Food processor
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Grease a 9-inch round baking pan and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, coconut flour, cornmeal, salt, palm sugar, and baking powder.
3. Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and add olive oil, egg, and soy milk. Stir until the mixture is well incorporated.
4. Stir in the pecan nuts and dried cranberries until evenly distributed.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20- 25 minutes. Allow to totally cool before cutting and serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 125g