Edam Cheesecake with Raspberries
Total time: 20 minutes
5.1 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
3 cup - Whole Wheat Flakes
100g - Nuts, almonds, roasted, with skin, unsalted
¼ cup - Butter, reduced fat,40% fat, reduced salt
½ cup - Monk Fruit Sweetener
1 ¾ cup - Raspberries, frozen
1 cup - Cream, thickened, light
225g - Cheese, cream, plain, reduced fat
1 tbsp - Gelatins, dry powder, unsweetened
¼ cup - Soy milk, plain, low fat
1 ½ cup - Cheese, edam, shredded or grated
1 spray - Olive oil cooking spray
9"x 2" diameter round removable bottom pan, Chopping board, Knife, Oven, Large bowl, Saucepan, Food processor
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and spray a 9”x 2” diameter round removable bottom pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a food processor, pulse the wheat flakes and almond nuts until it's fine crumbs. Add the melted butter until well combined. Press firmly into the prepared pan and bake for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool while you prepare the filling.
3. Whip the light cream until it has doubled in volume or stiff peaks form. Set aside in the refrigerator.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and monk fruit sweetener until light and well combined. Set aside.
5. In a saucepan, dissolve gelatin in soy milk over low heat until gelatin is melted.
6. Pour the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese mixture and continue beating until well combined.
7. Fold the whipped cream to cream cheese mixture. Add Edam cheese and fold.
8. Pour the cheesecake mixture on to the prepared crust. Chill until set, about 2 hours then, top with raspberries.
9. Slice and serve on dessert plates.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 139g