Ham, Chickpea and Farfalle Soup
Total time: 30 minutes
5.3 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
3 tb - Butter, reduced fat, 40% fat, reduced salt
1 pc - Medium onions, diced
3 pcs - Garlic, cloves, minced
1 pc - Medium, carrot, regular, peeled, cubed
2 pc - Medium celery, diced
3 tb - Flour, chick pea
6 cup - Stock, liquid, chicken, reduced salt
2 tb - Cornstarch
320g - Pork, cured, ham, boneless, cooked, unheated, cubed
1 can - Chickpeas canned, drained, rinsed in tap water
1 tsp - Spices, parsley, dried
½ tsp - Spices, thyme, dried
¼ tsp - Pepper, black
¼ tsp - Chilli, flakes
4 cup - Farfalle
⅔ cup - Cream, fluid, half and half
Soup pot with lid, Chopping board, Knife
1. Melt the butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, sauté until caramelized.
2. Add carrots and celery, sauté for 2-3 mins. Add the flour and stir constantly for 3 mins.
3. Reduce the heat to low and gradually pour 5 1/2 cup chicken stock. Whisk 2 tablespoons cornstarch with remaining ½ cup chicken broth and add to soup.
4. Add the ham, chickpeas, dried parsley, dried thyme, black pepper and chilli flakes. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a gentle simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. Add the farfalle pasta and boil until al dente.
6. Stir in the half and half and simmer to 1-2 mins.
7. Ladle in serving bowls and serve hot.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 394g