Total time: 20 minutes
5 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
12 slices (300g) - Wholemeal Bread
6 slices (120g) - Reduced Fat Cheese slices
150g - Chicken with skin removed, shredded
100ml - Low Fat Evaporated Milk
50g - Brown Rice Flour
1 teaspoon (5g) - Ground Nutmeg
1 tablespoon (15g) - Dried Bay Leaf
A pinch (~⅓ tsp) (1.67g) - Salt, Pansalt, low sodium
3g - White Pepper
Griller or Oven, Measuring Cup, Weighing Scale, Chopping board, Knives, Pot, Bowls, Metal Spoon
1. In a pot, add the evaporated milk, nutmeg, bay leaf, salt and pepper and bring it to a boil.
2. Add in rice flour to thicken the mixture. Remove the pot of sauce from the heat. Set this aside.
3. Spread the sauce over each slice of bread.
4. Add ⅙ of a portion of sliced chicken on each of the 6 pieces of bread.
5. Cover the chicken with a slice of bread, with the sauce side in contact with the meat. Place a slice of cheese over the top of the bread.
6. Grill or bake the sandwiches.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)