Javanese Yam and Sweet Potatoes Patties
Total time: 30 minutes
5 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
160g - Sweet potato, peeled and sliced
100g - Yam, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons - Celery, chopped
2 tablespoons - Onions, chopped
2 large - Eggs
2 teaspoons - Canola oil
A pinch - Salt, Pansalt, low sodium
Stove, Steamer, Measuring Cup, Weighing Scale, Chopping board, Knives, Sauté Pan, Bowls, Spatula, Peeler, Slicer, Metal Spoon, Fork/Potato Masher, Brush
1. Steam the yam and sweet potatoes patties until they turn soft.
2. Mash the steamed yam and sweet potatoes in a bowl with a fork or potato masher.
3. Add in all the other ingredients, except the egg and mix them well. Season with salt to taste.
4. Mould the mixture into 4 equal sized patties using the palms of your hands.
5. In a bowl, beat the eggs.
6. Coat each patty with the eggs before pan-frying them in canola oil.
7. Serve it hot, warm or at room temperature per your preference.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 141.2g