Kale, Chicken and Carrot Soup
Total time: 20 minutes
5.97 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
2 tb - Butter, without salt
1 pc - Small onion, raw
2 pcs - Garlic, cloves
300g - Chicken, breast, skinless, boneless, meat only, raw
4 cup - Kale, raw
½cup - Carrots, raw
2 cup - Soup, chicken broth, less/reduced sodium, ready to serve
1 cup - Water
2 tb - Wheat bran
1 container - Yoghurt, Greek, plain, non-fat
¼tsp - Salt, table
1 pinch - Pepper, black
Cooking pot with lid, Chopping board, Knife, Bowl
1. Melt the butter in a cooking pot, add the garlic and onion and sauté until caramelized.
2. Add the chicken and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the kale, carrot, water and chicken stock.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. Take out some stock from the soup and mix with the wheat bran.
5. Stir in the wheat bran mixture on the soup. Add the Greek yoghurt, salt and pepper.
6. Simmer for another 2 minutes and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 422g