Total time: 30 minutes
5.1 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
300g - Sweet potato, orange, peeled, raw, shredded, rinsed and squeeze out excess water using cheesecloth
1 pc - Medium peppers, sweet, green, raw, finely chopped
1 pc - Small onions, raw, thinly sliced
2.5 tb - Flour, chick pea
⅓ cup - Avocados, raw, pureed
½ cup - Cheese, mozzarella, non-fat, shredded
1 tsp - Herbs, sage
½ tsp - Thyme, fresh
¼ tsp - Pepper, black
1 dash - Salt, table
1 cup - Oil, canola
5 tb - Sour cream, fat free
10 tb - Sauce, apple, commercial
Large bowl, Chopping board, Knife, Skillet, Flat spatula, Cheesecloth, Paper towel
1. Prepare the ingredients accordingly.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl except for olive oil, sour cream and apple sauce. Mix well and set aside.
3. Heat the canola oil in a skillet.
4. Scoop ¼ cup of the latkes onto a flat spatula and flatten the latkes using your fingers. Slide the latkes into the hot oil, using a fork to push the latke into the pan.
5. Fry each side for 3-4 minutes or until golden and crisp. Dab excess oil using paper towels.
6. Repeat the process until all the remaining batter is consumed.
7. Serve with apple sauce and sour cream on the side.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 201g