Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
5.5 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
213g - Pumpkin, other, peeled, frozen, boiled, pureed using blender
5 tb - Flaxseed
½ cup - Coconut cream
1 ⅛ tsp - Sweetener, powder, stevia
¼ tsp - Salt, table
3 pcs - Large egg, fresh
2 tsp - Spices, pumpkin pie spice
280g - Almond Flour
3 tb - Oil, olive, regular
1 ½ tsp - Vanilla extract
Cooking pot, Chopping board, Knife, Blender, Hand mixer, Round pie pan, Oven, Parchment paper, Large bowl
For the almond pie crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line the bottom of a 9-inch round pie pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine the almond flour, 1/8 tsp stevia powder and 1/8 tsp salt in a large bowl, mix well. Make a well in the centre and add the olive oil, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1 pc egg, mix until well combined and there is no almond flour powder left.
3. Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. You can flute the edges if desired; if it crumbles while doing so, simply press it back together. To ensure the even cooking of the dough, prick the base with a fork.
4. Bake for 18-20minutes, until lightly golden. Remember to cool the crust for at least 10 minutes before pouring the filling.
For the pumpkin spice filling:
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
2. Combine the pumpkin puree, coconut cream, flaxseed, 2 pcs egg, 1 tsp stevia powder, pumpkin spice, 1/8 tsp salt and 1 tsp vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat together the ingredients (using a hand mixer) at medium-low speed, until smooth. Don't over mix.
3. Pour the filling into the crust. Gently tap on the counter to release air bubbles.
4. Bake for 40-45minutes or until the pie is almost set but still slightly jiggly in the centre.
5. Allow to cool completely on the counter, then refrigerate for at least an hour before slicing.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 114g