Total time: 25 minutes
6.0 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
2 tb - Oil, olive
2 pcs - Garlic, cloves, minced
1 pc - Small onion, finely chopped
1 pc - Small peppers, sweet, red, seeded and finely chopped
450g - Vegetables, mixed, frozen, thawed
½ cup - Water
¼ tsp - Salt, table
¼ tsp - Pepper, black
2 pcs - Small tomatoes, red, ripe, raw
3 tbsp - Basil, fresh
200g - Scallop, raw
Non-stick Saucepan, Chopping board, Knife
1. Pat dry the scallops with paper towels. Season it with ⅛ tsp of salt and ⅛ tsp of pepper.
2. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and leave it undisturbed for 2-3 minutes then, turn it over. Repeat the process until it turns golden-brown on both faces and the sides appear opaque throughout. Set aside.
3. In the same non-stick saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 min.
4. Toss in the onion and red bell pepper and sauté for 3 minutes or until tender.
5. Add the mixed vegetables, water, ⅛ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper. Bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in the tomatoes and continue to simmer for 2 minutes. Add the scallops, stir and remove from the heat.
7. Dish up and garnish with chopped basil. Serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 273g