Scrambled Egg with Multigrain Rice in Bowl
Total time: 30 minutes
5.4 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
200g - 7 Grain Multigrain Rice (pre-cooked according to directions on the package)
4 tsp - Olive oil
8 pcs - Small zucchini, green, peeled, raw, diced
4 pcs - Medium egg, whole, raw
4 tb - Soy milk, plain, low fat
½ tsp - Chilli powder
¼ tsp - Table salt
⅛ tsp - Black pepper
4 pcs - Small tomato, cherry, halves
¼ cup - Feta cheese, crumbled
4 tsp - Parsley, fresh, finely chopped
Skillet, Chopping board, Knife, Spatula
1. Heat one teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini and sauté until light golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the zucchini from the skillet and dab excess oil using a paper towel. Set aside.
2. Whisk the egg, soy milk, chilli powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. In the same skillet, add the remaining olive oil. Heat over medium heat and pour in the egg mixture. When the egg begins to set, gently move the spatula across the bottom and side of the skillet to form large, soft curds.
4. Gently fold eggs a few more times until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
5. Scoop the pre-cooked 7 multigrain rice into serving bowls.
6. Arrange the zucchini, scrambled egg, cherry tomato and feta cheese on top of the 7 multigrain rice. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 543g