Shrimps on the Barbie with Avocado, Arugula and Snow Peas Salad
Total time: 25 minutes
6.2 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
400g - Shrimp, fresh, peeled
1 tb - Oil, olive, regular
½ tsp - Spices, garlic powder
½ tsp - Chilli, powder
½ tsp - Herbs, dill
1 pinch - Pepper, black
⅛ tsp - Salt, table
1 tb - Coriander (cilantro) leaves, fresh, finely chopped
1 pc - Avocados, cubed
4 cup - Spinach, raw
1 ½ cup - Snow peas, fresh, ends remove
½ cup - Corn, sweet, yellow, canned, whole kernel, drained solids
2 ½ tb - Dressing Balsamic Vinegar & Olive Oil
½ pc - Lemon, fresh, cut into 4 wedge
Grill pan, Skewer, Large bowl
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Place the shrimp in a large bowl and drizzle on the olive oil. Toss to coat.
3. Combine the garlic powder, chilli powder, dill, salt and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture on the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and leave for a few minutes.
4. Boil water in a small cooking pot. Add the snow peas and blanch for 2-3 mins. Wash in running water, drain and transfer into a large bowl.
5. Add the spinach, avocado and corn. Drizzle with olive oil balsamic dressing. Toss the salad well and plate into four equal portions and set aside.
6. Thread each shrimp with a skewer. Place it on the heated grill and cook until it turns pink. This should take about 10 minutes.
7. Arrange the grilled shrimps on the top of the avocado, arugula and snow pea salad garnished with coriander and serve with a slice of lemon on the side.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 274g