Sliced Fish Soup with Beehoon
Total time: 20 minutes
12 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
80g - Sliced Toman Fish
500g - Brown rice beehoon
100g - Tomatoes, cut into wedges
10g - Ginger, sliced
1 teaspoon (5g) - Fish sauce
1 tablespoon (15g) - Corn oil
1L, 1.5 cups - Hot water
100g - Fresh basil
200g - Any dark green leafy vegetable, sliced
380g - Lentils
Stove, Measuring Cup, Weighing Scale, Chopping board, Knives, Pot, Sauté Pan, Bowls, Spatula, Metal Spoon
1. Bring 1L of water to boil in a pot, and place the brown rice beehoon in a stainless steel sieve. Hold it above the sink and pour all the boiling water evenly over the beehoon.
2. Place the beehoon in a bowl and cover using a damp wet cloth.
3. Heat the corn oil in a sauté pan and stir-fry the sliced ginger until fragrant. Add in and pan-fry the sliced fishes.
4. Bring another 1.5 cups of water to a boil, then add in fish sauce.
5. In this pot, add in the basil, dark green leafy vegetables, lentils and tomato wedges, and let them cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Gently add the fish slices to the soup and allow to cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
7. Portion the beehoon into individual servings in a bowl and add the fish soup to it.
8. Serve the dish hot.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 347.5g