Spinach and Beef Sausage Pasta Soup
Total time: 25 minutes
5.2 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
1 tb - Oil, canola
4 pcs (cocktail size) - Sausage, beef, flavoured, reduced fat, raw, each sausage slice into 3
2 pcs - Garlic, cloves, minced
3 cup - Water
¾ cup - Tomato, canned, sauce, with onions, green peppers, and celery, diced
½ tsp - Herbs, basil, dried
⅛ tsp - Pepper, black
⅛ tsp - Spices, oregano, dried
122g - Pasta, farfalle, whole-wheat, dry
2 cup - Spinach, raw, coarsely chopped
Cooking pot, Chopping board, Knife
1. Heat the oil in a cooking pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 min.
2. Add the sliced beef sausage and sauté for 5- 7 minutes.
3. Add the water, canned tomatoes, dried basil, black pepper, and dried oregano.
4. Bring it to a boil and stir in the whole wheat pasta.
5. Continue to boil uncovered until the pasta is al dente, about 7-9 mins.
6. Add the spinach and simmer until the spinach begins to wilt.
7. Remove from the heat, ladle into the serving bowls and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 297g