Summer Corn Soup
Total time: 35 minutes
5.5 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
⅔ cup - Sweet corn
½ cup - Wheat bran
⅔ cup - Evaporated milk, reduced fat (2%)
1 tsp - Unsalted lite butter, melted
⅔ cup - Water
2 ½cupsLow - sodium chicken broth
3 tbsp - Oats powder or blended oats
1 ½ tbsp - Onion powder
1 - Medium-sized celery stalk, chopped
3 tbsp - Chickpea flour, sifted and dry roasted
1 - Egg white, whisked
1 tsp - Ground nutmeg
1 tbsp - Dried oregano
Small amount - Ground pepper
Blender, Saucepan, Frying pan, Measuring spoons, Measuring cups, Fork
1. Puree the sweet corn, wheat bran and evaporated milk in a blender. Set aside.
2. Heat ½ tsp of butter in a saucepan and pour in the blended corn.
3. Add in water, chicken broth and the oats powder and let it simmer on low heat, stirring constantly.
4. In a frying pan, heat up ½ tsp of butter and add in the onion powder with a little bit of water to break up the lumps.
5. Add in the chopped celery stalk and stir fry until tender.
6. Add the cooked celery to the cream of corn in the saucepan.
7. Stir in the chickpea flour, one spoon at a time, stirring each time the flour is added and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Stir the soup slowly in a clockwise direction with a fork and pour in the whisked egg.
9. Allow the soup to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
10. Add the dried oregano and nutmeg.
11. Sprinkle with ground pepper to serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)