Toasted Oats and Walnut Breakfast Bites
Total time: 30 minutes
3.9 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
1 cup - Rolled oats
1¼ cup - Walnuts
1 teaspoon - Stevia liquid
1 tablespoon - Cocoa Powder
¼ teaspoon - Ground cinnamon
Food processor, saucepan, mixing bowls, baking pan, parchment paper, plastic film wrap
1. Divide the walnuts into two equal portions. In a food processor, coarsely pulse one portion of walnuts together with the unsweetened cocoa powder, ground cinnamon and liquid stevia into a fine paste. If needed, add a few drops of water.
2. In a saucepan on medium heat, dry toast the rolled oats with the other half portion of walnuts until they turn slightly golden brown.
3. Pour over the blended paste and mix thoroughly.
4. Transfer the mixture to a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Press down firmly until it is uniformly flattened.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and let it firm up in the fridge for 15 to 20m minutes.
6. Remove and chop into evenly-sized bars.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 48g