Tofu Stir Fry with Ginger Scallion and Wild Rice
Total time: 25 minutes
7.7 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
280g - Tofu, firm, cubed
¼ cup - Onions, spring or scallions, raw, finely chopped
¼ cup - Ginger root, raw, finely chopped
2 tb - Oil, canola
2 tsp - Sauce, soy, reduced salt
¾ tsp - Vinegar, red wine
¾ cup - Snow peas, fresh, raw, ends remove
1 pc (5-½" long) - Carrots, raw, peeled and coin cut
1 cup - Water chestnut, thinly sliced
4 cup - Wild rice, cooked
Wok, Chopping board, Knife
1. Combine the tofu firm, scallions, ginger, reduced salt soy sauce, red wine vinegar and 1 tbsp canola oil. Toss to coat evenly. Set Aside.
2. Heat the wok over medium-high heat. Add the remaining canola oil and tilt wok in a circular motion to oil the entire surface.
3. Add the tofu mixture, toss frequently until the tofu becomes light golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the carrots, water chestnut and snow peas. Continue to stir fry for 2-3 mins. Remove from the heat.
5. Dish up and serve with cooked wild rice.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 337g