Vegetarian Japanese Curry
Total time: 30 minutes
5.9 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
1 tb - Oil, olive
1 small - Small, onions - thinly sliced
2 - Garlic, cloves - finely chopped
1 ½ tsp - Ginger root - grated
2 pcs - Medium carrots - cut into 2 cm cube
1 - Small, sweet potato, white - cut into 2 cm cube
150g - Mushrooms, oyster, raw - remove the end and cut into 1 inch pieces
150g - Mushrooms, beech mushrooms, raw - trimmed and separated
120g - Apples, raw, without skin - grated
1 ½ tb - Curry paste, other - Japanese
½ tb - Sauce, soy, reduced salt
1 tb - Catsup, low sodium
.5g - Pepper, black, ground
600 mL - Water
Saucepan with lid, Bowl, Chopping board, Knife
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and sauté until they become translucent and tender.
2. Add the ginger and garlic then, sauté for 1 min.
3. Stir in carrots and potatoes. Pour the water and bring it to a boil.
4. Add the grated apple and simmer for 10 mins.
5. Add the beech and oyster mushrooms. Boil for 1 min.
6. Turn off the heat. In a separate bowl, ladle about 1 cup of the stock and stir in the curry paste until it dissolves.
7. Add the mixture to the saucepan and stir to combine.
8. Add the reduced-salt soy sauce and low sodium catsup. Turn on the heat and simmer uncovered on low heat, stirring occasionally, until the curry becomes thick.
9. Dish up and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 298g