Whole Wheat Orzo Pasta Salad with Veggies
Total time: 25 minutes
8.9 grams of fibre per serving
This recipe may contain common and less common allergens, such as soy / dairy products / wheat / eggs / nuts / shellfish.
1 tb - Oil, olive
2 pcs - Garlic, cloves, minced
170g - Whole wheat orzo pasta, whole wheat
150g - Pumpkin, peeled, raw, diced
2 cup - Water
¼ pc - Lemon, fresh, juiced and zest
1 tsp - Spices, oregano, dried
1 cup - Arugula, raw
27 pcs - Tomato, cherry, medium size, quartered
1 dash - Salt, table
1 pinch - Pepper, black
Chopping board, Knife, Saucepan
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add the whole wheat orzo pasta and pumpkin and sauté for another 2-3 mins.
3. Pour in water, lemon juice, lemon zest, and oregano. Stir and bring to a boil.
4. Lower the heat to low and simmer until the pasta is al dente, stir occasionally, about 12 mins.
5. Add arugula and cherry tomato. Sauté until the arugula wilts. Season with salt and black pepper
6. Plate the dish and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
1 serving = about 277g